Resonator options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution for the fugly resonator and tip? Would be nice to see a polished option. I’m not looking to straight pipe after the muffler but would love to see pics of what others have done! Thanks!

7BAC7604-8B85-4126-85D1-990DE212FFE5.jpeg

Last edited:

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it's stainless steel from the factory you can polish stainless with a little effort.
Borla is working on a system for our vehicles so that is a possibility too. Good luck.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it's stainless steel from the factory you can polish stainless with a little effort.
Borla is working on a system for our vehicles so that is a possibility too. Good luck.

OP
OP
stricnine

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Updated the thread to read a little better of what I am looking for. More so interested in a replacement :)

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want to keep it quiet on the highway, you either need to keep that ugly thing, or find a replacement for it thats straight thru! I hate looking at mine also, but I'm not ready to listen to it drone, so I've decided to live with it.
If you deleted it, you can use a large diameter resonated stainless steel turn down or angled tip that would look a lot nicer, but I'm not sure how much it would cancel the drone out. Unfortunately someone has to try it to find out.

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone done anything with this? I'm like Deadman and hate looking at it from the back

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Think you’d have to just get a bolt on tip. A v6 is extremely hard to keep quiet. Performance exhausts will have all sorts of drone or buzz. I find the factory system to be a bit loud at times. Can’t imagine anything more loud.