RF Window Noise 08

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderjon

Reaction score
My right front window is extremely slow, at times I have to help it up. Also thought I heard a grinding noise, for lack of a better term.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From a google search:

Common reasons for this to happen: Faulty window motor: Window motors tend to wear down with age and may even create a slower rotation when they begin to go out. ... Worn window regulator: When the regulator starts to have signs of wear, it can cause your window to move up and down at a slower rate than usual.

Numerous do-it-yourself videos online.

Last edited:

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
when mine was like that, there where 2 reasons, the rubber runners that the glass slides in where completely dry, they needed a bit of silicon lube wiping on them, but the biggest cause was the actual mechanical system itself, the mechanism that raises and lowers the glass needed lubrication and the steel cable that moves all the mechanism had started to rust in places and strands had started to snap. It seems you can't buy just the steel cable, so I made my own and replaced the cable, greased all the cables and pivot points and the window has worked brilliantly ever since (that was 3 years ago). It surprisingly easy to get the window mechanism out of the door, but you need to remove the glass first (remove the interior panel of the door, lower the window a small amount, this will expose 2 bolts that secure the glass to the mechanism that raises/lowers the glass, loosen the bolts and you can then lift the glass up and out, then there are 4 bolts that secure the mechanism to the door and I think that was it, the mechanism will come out through the door (the area that was covered by the door panel trim), you have to disconnect an electrical plug (this was 3 years ago so I might have forgotten something) but if you check regularly, its an easy thing to do.

Gary