RIZE lift kit opinions.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
With any lift, you are going to put more stress on suspension and drive line parts.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to check that the lift brackets, suspension arms, etc. are tight. I would do this annually if you drive 'normally'. If you actually off road it, then do it more often.

If you've never driven a lifted vehicle before, you'll have to adjust your thinking a bit. The center of gravity is now much higher now and so is the risk of rolling over. That means, 'run over it, instead of swerving'.

OP
OP
D

dairyair302

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah ive had many many lifted trucks but old style leaf springs. Never dealt with this irs ifs complex to alignment crap lol
It drives perfectly straight and rides nice bc it retains the factory springs.
Just was wondering if there where any know issues with the rise kit, like weak brackets or areas prone to crack ect.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lucky you. wish i had a rize lift. Talk to mindgame he has a rize lift also.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats!! on your 8" :)

One PIA, my greatest pet peeve is try changing your rear diff fluid... Notice that you cant remove the rear plate because of the lift... You'll be looking at least as day or 2, striping down your rear, just to be able to remove the plate..

What I now do, is... If I do not go ape shi* in mud boggin, I'll just suction out the rear diff oil and replace it.. If it gets into dirty water.. check it... chances are, you are gonna need to clean this the hard way...

Another PIA... Keep your stock shocks... I added an after market front coil over with remotes, and this caused my front to sit much higher... Thus the front cv halfshafts require atleast an annual replacements due to torn cv boots.. I'm currently debating on cutting the coils so it sits a little lower so there will be less stress on the front half shafts..

Just howler if you have any questions or issues regarding your Rize!
:head3:

OP
OP
D

dairyair302

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply mindgame!

I noticed the rear brackets make it damn near impossible to remove the cover, not ideal considering the cost of the lift kit haha

My diff cover is oily and may be leaking so I see much cussing and throwing wrenches in my near future.
I was considering an aftermarket coilover kit but glad I got that info to sway my idea of that.

Tomringler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you running stock setup or coilovers. The reason I am asking is because I have a 06 EB with air suspension and am looking at getting the rize lift and trying to get as much info as I can.

OP
OP
D

dairyair302

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The air suspension was removed on mine and has stock springs and shocks/struts