Roadtrip ideas to make a little use of 4x4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And the fires are nearby, but still a ways away. Plus they did get a bunch of rain earlier this week.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang you guys got me all fired up for Alpine Loop, but life seems intent on getting the way

Cat needs to go to vet Saturday
Street resurfacing means I have to move all my vehicles Monday
Family leaving town Thursday, so nobody around to ask to feed the cats

Hmm...well I suppose I *might* be able to leave Monday night, have the fam leave a bunch of food and water for the cats, and come back by like Saturday or Sunday at latest.

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Colorado high country is the bomb for doing what you’re talking about. Go to Leadville... there’s Mosquito Pass to the East that’ll put you in Alma, CO. There’s Hagerman Pass to the West above Turquoise Lake that ends up in Meredith, CO. After you make each trek you can take breathtakingly beautiful highways back to Leadville if you’re tired of rocking and rolling. The Leadville-Hagerman Pass-Meredith-Basalt-Aspen-Twin Lakes-Leadville loop pretty much touches every type of astounding high country vista you can imagine.

101Expedition

Reaction score
Head up to Oregon, Deschutes Wilderness area? Columbia River? Stop in Modoc NF on the way. Tons of trails but still in Ca. OBRDR is pretty tame from what I hear. Its on my list. I've put together many back road trips with Google maps. Try it..

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn I'd definitely rather be in Alpine, CO right now:

Screenshot_2018-07-06-17-46-05.png Screenshot_2018-07-06-21-46-42.png

Alas gotta wait up for the fam to get back to town so I have somebody around to feed my cats.

Z4Mguy

Reaction score
You know you really want to find a beach with that beast. How about you burn some gas and come to the east coast and Outer Banks 1of NC. Drive that beast on the beach and find your solitude!

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Utah could be a good option, in fact, one of the best. I live in SoCal and lived in Saint George Utah for 5 years now back in SoCal. Saint George is Southern where the desert is but you can drive 20 minutes into Dameron Valley and be in the trees and Mountains or head into Cedar Breaks, even more, trees, and Mountains, plus Utah is not all regulated up like other places.

DogDad

Reaction score
Outer Banks of North Carolina....more sand available to drive on than most. It doesn’t get much further from California than that.

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Corpus Christi Texas the Gulf of Mexico it's beautiful down there great fishing if you like it plenty to do beautiful Texas women or men great food

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk