Roadtrip ideas to make a little use of 4x4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Need me a change of pace and to get away from it all. Bit of an adventure to unwind.

What are some cool places to see, maybe make a little use of 4x4 but nothing too crazy? My skills are more than a little lacking, no mad trails for tricked out jeeps only.

ANY STATE, further from CA the better.

Preferably with greenery and water and shit, desert just does not appeal to me. Also, not real good with extreme heat.

Rivers and grass and trees are more my thing.

Vehicle:
3rd gen SSV 4x4, ranchos, stock SSV skid plates, can bust out the LT bfgs on steelies gathering dust in my garage

No brush guard, although I could get one for something worthwhile

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But seriously. Being in California why not check out the Sierra's. Unfortunately if your trying to get away from the crowds, everywhere is busy. I love Utah but so does everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate California almost as much as google lol. I wanna get away from here, not get to know the place

And Utah? Isn't that a desert ********? Or does it have high elevation forests like New Mexico?

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now you definitely have to bust out your Googler.

There's a reason the Mormons called Utah Zion. It has more national parks than any other state. It has ******** deserts with amazing vistas. But it also has water everywhere. Skiing, fishing, ohv access. It realy depends on what your "off road" goal is.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not an offroad goal, just justification to put up with V8 mpgs for a few thousand miles and the joy of going somewhere not accessible by your average sedan

Wanna go see some shit I missed last time I rolled thru the 48 states

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've always found that to go where the average sedan can't it helps to have a goal. Hunting, kayaking, dirtbiking, whatever. Thats all that I meant.

If you just want to see some shit? I'll stand by my previous suggestion.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont have any guns, kayaks, dirtbikes, etc.

Last great american roadtrip i did, the one cool time i went off the beaten path, I took the gravel Old (former) Tennessee SR-22 into the Kentucky Bend, almost sank the rental in the Mississippi mud (also a name for a nice cheap beer in an awesome jug, btw), and ran into what seemed like all 17 residents toting shotguns at 7 am there...

Looking for that kind of thing

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like I said.

UTAH!!!

Its like the Tennessee of the north. Religion, racism, inbreeding, gun toting locals. You'll love it!

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're getting stuff wrong.

The boonies with a different denomination church at every crossroads and what appears to be a running competition for whackiest church sign catchphrase/slogan (ranging from brimstone to irreverent humor to, somehow, both) is GEORGIA.

Tennessee is pretty chill. And Utah isn't actually particularly to the north (?!) of there.

As to Kentucky Bend... that's legally, well, KENTUCKY

Learn your states dude

Last edited: