Roller follower installation question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install the roller followers after my timing job and I'm having a bear of a time trying to get some of them in. Would it be better for me to loosen up the cam shaft so I can slide them in then tighten it all back down? I really don't want to do that since I have everything else set, but getting these installed is a PITA!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put them all in before the cam and tightened the cam caps ever so slowly and alternated which one I tightened every little turn as to not warp the camshaft. They say this is a big no-no….but 1.5 years and 25,000 miles later no issues lol. I also used a factory Ford oil pump and not a Melling. Runs like a top.

OP
OP
rwmorrisonjr

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got them all in with the special tool. Had to figure out how to move them around but once I got in the groove all was good. Should be able to close everything up tomorrow and fire it back up!