Roof Basket Started

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not sure if you finished your floor, but a set a 4 wheeler ramps are very similiar to the bleacher seating your looking for.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I should have it this week, I will post some pics once I get time to put it on. I don't worry about my expy being in the garage, that is where my wife parks the CX-9 and my motorcycle and all the tools takes up the other side.

Thanks mister!

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that looks great how much did it cost for you to make it?
Havent thought about it so...Im rounding to the next dollar.

Mig wire....................................$10

Steel stock 11/4 x 1 x1/8.....x2..$12

Primer & paint...........................$6

Tubing........................................Free

Cut off wheels............................$4

To say I built it...........................Priceless

HAHA had to say it!

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I should have it this week, I will post some pics once I get time to put it on. I don't worry about my expy being in the garage, that is where my wife parks the CX-9 and my motorcycle and all the tools takes up the other side.

Screw that the CX-9 would be sitting out! lol Dude you see how much crap I got in mine...then see how much crap is sitting outside when I pull the truck in!!!!

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Havent thought about it so...Im rounding to the next dollar.

Mig wire....................................$10

Steel stock 11/4 x 1 x1/8.....x2..$12

Primer & paint...........................$6

Tubing........................................Free

Cut off wheels............................$4

To say I built it...........................Priceless

HAHA had to say it!

if only i could weld

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got my basket tonight and will post some pics this weekend. My initial impression is that is a nice medium duty rack. I plan on putting somewhere between 100 and 150 lbs on it. It might turn out to be a nice alternative for those of us that don't have the equipment or skills to weld our own basket. It is also considerably cheaper than going with a Yakima or Thule basket. The measurements are 67.5"x39"x6". For $170 I think it was a good buy.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeapers about 16 to 17 sqft :)

Im going to make this its own unit and not sit it on the crossbars. I had a left over piece of plexiglass to make a whole other fairing and enough tubing to make two built in crossbars and other support bars. Ill do the mounts along those crossbars and drop the basket as low as I can to the roof without resting on the track itself.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
post pics when you can JDM! i want to build my own now maybe... or at least build my uncle one for his JEEP! he needs something to put all his shit so we dont have to put it into our trailer when ever we go to the desert. haha