roof rack (complete removal)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to remove the roof rack completely....but I believe I need some (painted?) covers to cover the mount points/holes?

Ive removed and stored the cross bars - is it possible to remove the rails too?
Does anyone know the part numbers for the caps that would go in place once the rails are removed?

1alembic

Reaction score
Good question. I have the same question because I'd like to swap my chrome rails for black ones.

NvrStk

Reaction score
I’m in the process of swapping chrome for black. If anyone is interested in the chrome, I’ll check back in once they are swapped.

OP
OP
B

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good question. I have the same question because I'd like to swap my chrome rails for black ones.

the rails are easily swapped, a couple fo 10mm bolts are hidden under plastic trim caps front and rear. I'd like to completely delete the thing - but at this point im not sure any were built w/out rails.

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rails are attached to the roof with wellnuts.
Loosen and remove the wellnuts, remove the rails and re attach and tighten the wellnuts so the roof doesn't leak.

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't believe factory covers exist for the full length of the rack. I did that you could get some of the accessory tracks that are available and install them just for aesthetics.
y01135_4_1000.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman