Rough ride and Engine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laci

Reaction score
Anybody else feel like their Expedition had a smooth ride when they bought it, but has gotten rough? My 2018 Max XLT had new struts put on the front today. One strut was leaking fluid and the dealership said they both needed replaced. We were hoping this would improve the ride, but didn't seem to. Also had our transmission go out at 34,000 miles. Now at 37,000 miles, our engine is making a weird sound when it's started. The sound only lasts for a few seconds and then we don't hear it anymore. Just curious if anyone else has had any similar problems. I loved this car when I purchased it, but after all of the problems I will never buy Ford again!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What about the ride is worse?The ride roughness could be many things. The tires could be overflated or worn down. Also, your rear shocks maybe goin bad as well. What noise is the engine making? The cold start rattle is a common issue on these. Lastlt, you should post or search the 4th gen thread, your issues are commin talking topics.