Running rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will Williams

Reaction score
Today while on the road my vehicle seem to run rough. I had the speed control set and there are some hills which it seem to have a little time to catch up. like it did not go in gear right away. Later while entering the highway it did it aging. It seems to go away after a while. When I stop, I smell a "rubber burning" smell. Not sure what is going on. I think I will check the level and maybe get a transmission tuneup. Anything else anyone can think of?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today while on the road my vehicle seem to run rough. I had the speed control set and there are some hills which it seem to have a little time to catch up. like it did not go in gear right away. Later while entering the highway it did it aging. It seems to go away after a while. When I stop, I smell a "rubber burning" smell. Not sure what is going on. I think I will check the level and maybe get a transmission tuneup. Anything else anyone can think of?

It may help if you provide the year, make, model and engine of your vehicle.