Safety Recall 22S36 - Certain 2021 Model Year Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Vehicles - Underhood Fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This all looks like a CYA on Ford's part. Still no root cause or corrective action for preventing the fire. It's for folks who cannot park their vehicle outside or away from a structure. Disconnect the battery and get them a rental.

OP
OP
H

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does provide an avenue to relief for Owners whose requests are granted.

It doesn't hurt to ask, if your circumstances can be interpreted as being unique.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does provide an avenue to relief for Owners whose requests are granted.

It doesn't hurt to ask, if your circumstances can be interpreted as being unique.

Yes, true. And it tells me that Ford believes that the risk of fire is real.

Acme Lighting

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2021 Yukon from Enterprize for a long term rental. Arranged by my local dealer for a replacement for my 21 recalled due to engine fire Which is now sitting in my driveway with the battery discounted by a remote Ford mechanic. Rental is good for at least till the end of July.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems pretty likely that it is electrical and you would think it would be pretty easy to narrow down production/product/part changes that took place during this time frame.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems pretty likely that it is electrical and you would think it would be pretty easy to narrow down production/product/part changes that took place during this time frame.

Ford knows what is causing the fires. They are most likely conducting a risk/cost analysis prior to coming out with the corrective action.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ran into this article this morning on a FB Expedition forum. Possible solution ahead?

Expanded recall and possible root cause?

Ford’s quality (or lack of it) has been deteriorating for quite some time.

Ford continues to rack-up massive numbers of safety recalls, many involving very serious concerns such as this.

I wonder when or if CEO Farley will get a grip on the poor quality and turn things around?

OP
OP
H

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Updated partial letters to Dealers, expanding involved vehicle build dates, separating action for vehicles equipped with standard duty versus heavy duty cooling fans, confirming repair strategy has been developed and sharing anticipated timing mentioned in the above-linked Fox2Detroit story...

Safety Recall 22S36 - Notice to Dealers - Supplement 2 - Edited.jpg

Safety Recall 22S48 - Notice to Dealers - Edited.jpg

Safety Recall 22S48 - Header.jpgSafety Recall 22S48 - Owner Refunds & Rental Vehicles - Lincoln Pickup & Delivery.jpg

Technical information on the repair procedures to the Battery Junction Box have been released and a link is included in Post #51 of this discussion...

Last edited:

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Updated partial letters to Dealers, expanding involved vehicle build dates, separating action for vehicles equipped with standard duty versus heavy duty cooling fans, confirming repair strategy has been developed and sharing anticipated timing mentioned in the above-linked Fox2Detroit story...

View attachment 74242

View attachment 74244

Technical information on the repair procedures to the Battery Junction Box have been released, however file size limitations and image quantity limitations on Forum discussion post attachments prevent me from sharing them here.

Thank you for posting this. It seems that the recall has expanded to almost the entire MY21 production run (July 20 - Aug 21).

My dealers service manager called me because he knows I have an impacted veh. He is having me bring it in next week to inspect the BJB. I assume that at some point (Sept) I will have to bring it back to have it replaced with an updated part.