Safety Recall 22S56 - 2015-2017 Expedition/Navigator - January 16, 2014 thru June 30, 2017 Build Dates - Climate Control Blower Motor Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Supplement 2 Letter's advice to dealers, to identify their order of the Updated Motor as an emergency to ensure prompt delivery, indicates to me the Updated Motors have not already flowed into dealership Parts Departments.

I expect the Service Department technician noted your vehicle's 22S56 Recall status in OASIS and proactively installed an in-stock Current Service Motor to ensure your vehicle presented you no problem while waiting for an Updated Motor to become available.

The Service technician would have recorded the installed motor's part number in the submitted Warranty Claim, so if you contact your dealer, they can very quickly call up that record in OASIS' Warranty History to verify which blower motor was installed.

Contacting your dealer also provides you the opportunity to schedule the Updated Motor replacement, since affected owners do not need to have received the "Parts Are Now Available" Owner Letter in order to have their vehicle repaired under Safety Recall 22S56...

View attachment 78325

Good luck!

Thank you for the information and advice.

I logged into my Ford Pass Rewards site this afternoon, and it shows the safety recall is still open for my vehicle (VIN).

I will stop at the Ford dealer and have them order the recall part.

Thank you again.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Supplement 2 Letter's advice to dealers, to identify their order of the Updated Motor as an emergency to ensure prompt delivery, indicates to me the Updated Motors have not already flowed into dealership Parts Departments.

I expect the Service Department technician noted your vehicle's 22S56 Recall status in OASIS and proactively installed an in-stock Current Service Motor to ensure your vehicle presented you no problem while waiting for an Updated Motor to become available.

The Service technician would have recorded the installed motor's part number in the submitted Warranty Claim, so if you contact your dealer, they can very quickly call up that record in OASIS' Warranty History to verify which blower motor was installed.

Contacting your dealer also provides you the opportunity to schedule the Updated Motor replacement, since affected owners do not need to have received the "Parts Are Now Available" Owner Letter in order to have their vehicle repaired under Safety Recall 22S56...

View attachment 78325

Good luck!

I received the updated blower motor safety recall notice letter today, stating "Parts are now available to repair your vehicle" and to call the dealer without delay.

I called my Ford dealer to schedule an appointment. I was told the part's department stated the updated blower motor is on backorder until August 28, 2023. I asked the dealership to order (or hold) a new motor in my name, and I would make an appointment now for September to have it installed.

When I tried to make an early morning appointment, so I could wait for the repair - I was told I would have to drop off my vehicle and leave it all day, as the repair takes "4-5 hours".

Earlier this year when the dealership replaced the suspect motor with the old-style motor, the repair invoice showed the labor charge was .5 hours.

I'm frustrated with Ford and their dealer's response to this recall.

skinny8021

Reaction score
I got my updated notice today and called my dealership about getting the motor replaced and they shut it down with "it is on backorder" with no ETA. I asked to be put on a list or at least have them call me when it comes in and that was just too much for them to handle and was told to just call back in 3-4 weeks. Was hoping for quite a bit more from where I bought the truck from with how potentially serious this could be if the part fails. May just have to start calling around and see if anyone is getting any of these or if Ford is just shipping a few to be in compliance with the recall and putting it to bed. Curious to see who is able to get this replaced in the upcoming months.

Ryan L

Reaction score
Was hoping for quite a bit more from where I bought the truck from with how potentially serious this could be if the part fails.
My 2016's blower motor failed in Aug 2022, which was one month before the first recall notice. 88k miles on the odo. I was lucky, though, as genuine FoMoCo parts were yanked weeks later. The blower failure caused a burnt connector at the resistor, visibly blackened and slightly melted. The failure diagnosis is easy if the blower functions. Run the blower on high and grab hold of the resistor connector. If it's too hot to hold (which happens within seconds), there is a problem. The failure happens over time, but is not realized until the blower stops, or intermittently works. Maybe try the self-diagnosis if you have immediate concerns. Keep checking the connector temperature every so often until you can get it serviced. That's been my strategy.

skinny8021

Reaction score
Luckily I haven't had any issues with mine so far, but now I am curious so I am going to let it warm up and check the temps to see if there are any hotspots near the resistor. I pulled the connector and the pins all look clean with no sign of heat damage so at least for the most part it seems healthy while I wait for the replacement.

redbone

Reaction score
I called the dealer last week and was told they are only allowed two motors a week. I just called them today and was told they didn't get any this week and to call back Monday.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called the dealer last week and was told they are only allowed two motors a week. I just called them today and was told they didn't get any this week and to call back Monday.

And the service advisor will wonder why people give the department poor ratings on the Ford survey?

skinny8021

Reaction score
I was able to get my blower motor replaced today after calling a few times to finally get an appointment. Took about a half day to get the truck back and so far so good. The old part was Made in Brazil and the new one surprisingly is Made in USA.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 9.30.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 9.30.57 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was able to get my blower motor replaced today after calling a few times to finally get an appointment. Took about a half day to get the truck back and so far so good. The old part was Made in Brazil and the new one surprisingly is Made in USA.

When I made my appointment by phone with my Ford dealer to have the recall blower motor replaced, the woman insisted that the repair would take 4-5 hours, and I would have to leave the vehicle overnight, or all day. I had wanted to make an appointment and wait for the repair.

I told her that Ford allowed .5 hour to replace the motor, but she insisted that the dealership needed the vehicle all day.

Prior to the appointment, my rear view camera failed. I called and added that to the appointment, and then agreed to leave the vehicle at night drop-off.

The dealership replaced the blower motor and also the rear view camera (under terms of my Ford ESP). They had the camera in stock, which amazed me. The repairs took all day, and I picked up my vehicle the following day.

Leaving your primary vehicle for repairs and borrowing a family member’s car can be a hassle, with a lot of extra driving and downtime.