Seat padding near headrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The other day I noticed a gap in my driver's seat where the headrest goes into the top of the seat. It's almost like the padding gave way and allowed the leather to sag, exposing the hole the headrest goes through. Has anyone else had this problem?

I know it's minor, but I'll probably take it in and see what the dealer says. I don't want to be nit-picky, but at this price point I have high expectations for quality. My dealer has been great about fixing door rattles, replacing all four shocks, and a handful of other issues. I bought a 2018 knowing there might be some initial issues, so hopefully once they're worked out I'll have fewer issues in the future.

IMG_0366.jpeg
IMG_0367.jpeg

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think that is being nitpicky. At the price point of these vehicles, we customers should expect better. It's little things like this that start earning makes & models bad press.

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks like the adjustment piece came loose. See if it’ll snap down. If not, dealer time

OP
OP
S

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks like the adjustment piece came loose. See if it’ll snap down. If not, dealer time

That's a good thought. I just tried moving the adjustment piece, but it didn't budge. I think the foam in front of it either gave way or is missing. It looks like something should be there holding the leather up under the adjustment piece.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The other day I noticed a gap in my driver's seat where the headrest goes into the top of the seat. It's almost like the padding gave way and allowed the leather to sag, exposing the hole the headrest goes through. Has anyone else had this problem?

View attachment 33298
View attachment 33299

Were you able to get that fixed?? I just noticed that a seat in my second row has the same issue.

OP
OP
S

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Were you able to get that fixed?? I just noticed that a seat in my second row has the same issue.
I took it in a couple of weeks ago. My dealer is trying to get approval from Ford to send it to an upholstery shop to pull the seat cover off and put it back on to see if they can line it up. If that doesn’t work they’ll replace the cover. I’m still waiting to hear back if Ford approved it. I’ll follow up with the dealer this week.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems that the seat cover on mine was actually removed at some point before delivery. The j-clips for the seat and back covers are dangling in the back and not attached to anything. I will talk with the dealer next oil change (late January) and will report back.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems that the seat cover on mine was actually removed at some point before delivery. The j-clips for the seat and back covers are dangling in the back and not attached to anything. I will talk with the dealer next oil change (late January) and will report back.

Seat heater or something probably didn't work and they went in to repair it....just a guess.

GDYSTEALTH

Reaction score
My 2nd row seat did this also and is going in for a trim refit this week and they also said if they cant correct it it will be replaced! Still Annoying tho!!

IMG_0622.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik