Second row bench seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sprayfoam620

Reaction score
Very interesting that you say this, with 3 girls. The only friend I have who also likes having a 2nd row bench (in his Suburban) also has three girls. I think however, once you throw a boy in there, or multiple boys, things get rowdy and that peaceful dynamic changes, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our boys definitely get rowdy on trips, usually we have one of them sit in the front with the driver and the other takes the back row, actually the 11 year old said he wanted the back seat to himself on the new ride,lol

zarga

Reaction score
My twin boys like to sit with their friend together in the second row while my older daughter likes to sit with her friend (and all of their stuffed animals & dolls) in the 3rd row. Since we only have 3, the bench was an easy decision because even with the 3rd row down, everyone can still fit in the truck. If you have more than 3 kids, it's a whole different ballgame.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our boys definitely get rowdy on trips, usually we have one of them sit in the front with the driver and the other takes the back row, actually the 11 year old said he wanted the back seat to himself on the new ride,lol

Haha, same here. My three boys argue over who gets to sit by himself in the third row!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outsideDad

Reaction score
We looked at both. Coming from a mini van with 2nd row captains we were fairly familiar with that set up. We ended up getting the bench an so far think it was the right call. 3 kids youngest is 6.

Sent from my TM785M3 using Tapatalk

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will also disagree, I have captains chairs and I have found myself wishing for the bench more often than I have been glad we have the chairs.

I would get the bench, especially with the tilt/slide.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We hate the captains for one reason alone: Big dog!

If you also cart animals around in the back, a solid wall of seats helps. We have a Bernese Mountain Dog, and he always rumbles up to the second, and sometimes front seats because of the space between the captains!

Kevink109

Reaction score
Went from 2nd row captains on the escalade to bench on the Exp Max. - initially we wanted captains in the max but there were none in our area available and we had to ditch the Slade in a hurry because it was literally falling apart.

having said that - were happy with the bench. All of my kids are out of baby seats/boosters- if you have baby seats the captains work well because it allows access to the third row without having to move the baby seat- so huge plus.

Now with three kids and a bench - the kids all share the bench - no more positioning/fighting for the second row and it has allowed us multiple 8 person car pool opportunities- all three seats on the bench slide and recline independently - and everyone has plenty of room. On longer rides someone usually grabs the third row- typically the middle boy- he will hang in the back and stretch out or if the dog goes( 47 lbs. )- she likes the third row with him

Overall pretty happy with the bench- and with the one button access button really has been great- thought we were going to miss the captains but were good .

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy crap, finding an existing Platinum with a second row bench is like searching for Bigfoot.

I found one within a 500 mile radius yesterday morning, and by the time I called them in the late afternoon, it was sold.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I originally wanted the bench as well, but we also wanted the Plat Max, and if we wanted the bench was going to be an order and wait for a couple months. On the other hand, there was a beauti Plat Max that we had just test drove with the captains and everything else we specifically wanted, right in front of us.. (coming from a caravan with captains). So we decided to be impairment and just get the captains. Our kids are 14,12,10, and used to having one in the third row anyway, so there really wasn't much of an adjustment for us, and the extra space between the seats is nice, no need to tilt to get to the back row.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can pretty much confirm there is no Platinum Expy out there with a bench second row right now. If I want that, the dealer said I have to custom order.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65