Second row bench seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdfxrs

Reaction score
Our 2018 Max Platinum with second row bench seats was recently totaled. We subsequently picked up a 2019 Max Platinum with second row buckets. Would it be possible to replace the buckets with the bench seat from the 2018? Color matches. We need 8 seats. Not sure if electrical connections are compatible.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would bet they are quite similar. I can't recall if there are any modules in the center seat of the bench that obviously aren't there in the buckets, but the seat heaters etc. should all be the same. You may need to swap out trim pieces as well since the tracks are likely different. However, remember that the seatbelts have pretensioners, so be really careful if you're working with those, especially in the 2019's with the inadvertent firing we're seeing on some of those. I would definitely do the work with the vehicle completely discharged, but I haven't looked to see if you can remove the seats without removing the belts. Regardless, if the bench is intact, I would grab it and all the parts around it, so you can start surveying everything.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2018 Max Platinum with second row bench seats was recently totaled. We subsequently picked up a 2019 Max Platinum with second row buckets. Would it be possible to replace the buckets with the bench seat from the 2018? Color matches. We need 8 seats. Not sure if electrical connections are compatible.
Isn't the middle seat independent and slidable? How to install it on floor?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe the mounting points for the frame of the middle seat are on all vehicles. Of course the issue would be cutting the carpet to access them, but that's why I suggested grabbing all of the trim pieces as well to make sure you can cover it up. Many mfr's these days use a single build for the chassis for some things like this to reduce manufacturing costs. But I could be wrong, I've never crawled under a captain seat version to see if the bolt locations exist on both. Sort of similar to the fact that my raptor steering wheel was plug and play, even though this model had zero paddle shifters, they just keep the harnesses the same regardless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire