Second row center seat top tether -> does not fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeyJohnson

Reaction score
I have a question, and I sure hope it's me and not the tether. We're installing 3 car seats in the 2nd row (in February we'll move the older two kids to the 3rd row as our 4th is born), and our 3 year old is in a Diono Radian car seat, forward facing. The seat installs securely, but the tether hookup seems to be too broad to have the top tether click on. Granted, I did not use much force or violence trying to get it to click on at all, I am more prone to assume I'm doing it wrong. I borrowed this image from "the car seat lady" to illustrate what the tether hookup looks like. I can't get the tether to click on, as the clip that pushed back, does not have enough room to wrap around the hookup. Is there a trick to this? We just got the car last Saturday and we're still getting things figured out.
We've got the 2017 Expedition EL XLT.

2017 ford expe center 2nd tether.png

MyExpedition2016

Reaction score
I just got my 2017 last Saturday too! I did the exact same thing you did with a front facing booster and was able to get the tether to attach. It did take a little maneuvering to get it there but it did work.

OP
OP
J

JoeyJohnson

Reaction score
I just got my 2017 last Saturday too! I did the exact same thing you did with a front facing booster and was able to get the tether to attach. It did take a little maneuvering to get it there but it did work.
Then I will try again tomorrow when my husband is home and I've got the car. I was a bit hesitant to maneuver it too much, but I suppose that if the tether can withstand an accident, my attempts at latching it shouldn't affect it greatly.