Second Row seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

old codger

Reaction score
I have been having an issue with the second row seats. The one on the passenger side moves while the vehicle is in motion. You can hear a click when you push down on it and feel it move when expy is sitting. I took it to my dealer and they found the problem but they went out to other expys on the lot and stated the problem was there in other expys, some had the problem with worse movement than mine. This being said, they told me there was nothing they could do. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how was the problem resolved. Ford doesn't seem to care about the problem. Thanks!

Gamecock

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is the small jump seat in the middle of the second row. Can't get it to lock upright. I've laid in there, staring at it for days and can't seem to figure it out.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What they told you is complete BS! Ford might not be happy to know this dealer is not taking this concern seriously. There should be NO movement if the seat is securely latched to the floor. I would be concerned that it might not be completely latched. In the event of a collision, well you can imagine. . .

Sadly, due to the design, a break or malfunction may result in the need for a completely new seat frame. There are very few serviceable parts on those seats. When I bought my first Expedition, there was a broken rod in the frame of one outboard 2nd row seat. The entire seat frame had to be replaced. Thankfully, it was under warranty at the time.

OP
OP
O

old codger

Reaction score
According to the dealer they filed a hot line request with fomoco. I will be checking this out with them today. Does anybody out there have any ideas on how to get ford to fix this issue as it is still under warranty???

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would seem that that would be a large safety issue and they'd want to fix it quite rapidly. I would call Ford Motor Company up and complain. What if a child was in that seat and it wasn't latch completely.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the extent of the movement? Left to right, front to back? Is it the entire seat, just the seat back, or just the bottom? I really am not understanding whats going on here. I have 2nd row captains as well. Maybe post a video.

OP
OP
O

old codger

Reaction score
The seat is moving a little side to side. I contacted fomoco and they stated the dealer said it was not a problem due to other expeditions having same issue on lot. I would suggest everyone sit in their second row seats and see if they have movement. You can feel the seat shift some when you are cornering especially. Fomoco told me they side with the dealer and suggested if I don't agree with their diagnosis I try a different dealer. The phone number I used was 1-800-392-3673. If anyone has any idea where to call to get this fixed I would love to hear. I have my grandchildren riding there and don't feel comfortable. I may contact my state consumer division. I don't know if the national highway and transportation department could help.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If warranty, pester em till they sort it... if not, take the dang thing apart and tighten everything