Shakes violently while braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tilliepeople

Reaction score
My 04 shakes violently when braking especially at high speed when the need to slow down takes more peddle .This stops the moment you let off the brake .
This feels different than when I had a stuck caliper and it would not stop shaking after you let off the brake
It drives great and follows a straight line if you take your hand off the wheel so I do not suspect suspension or steering parts .
I do not want to just throw parts at it so I thought I would get some opinions first.
Thanks
Bill

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Do a search for my thread. "You don't have Warped Rotors." Might help, might not...

OP
OP
T

tilliepeople

Reaction score
I have been thinking brakes and rotors
This actually started after I replaced a caliper and I suspect it may have warped with the old caliper and just got worse .
I have only had it for about 1 year and have replaced the trany,and brakes but not the rotors .

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, if you've had to replace the tranny already I'd bet it was used as a tow vehicle for something heavy.

OP
OP
T

tilliepeople

Reaction score
Trany rebuild was from no overdrive.
Once they got inside they found damage from the servo and had to replace extra parts
Works good now

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You don't need to inspect anything. Put 2 new rotors and new pads on it ans it will be smooth as ice again.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't forget to tighten all the lug nuts the same, most people think overheating rotors is why they warp. They do warp from overheating, but the #1 cause of warped rotors is uneven ft lbs on your lugs!