She is gone...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sold my 03 Expedition about a week ago... Been on the Ford Truck forum alot since I have a diesel Excursion now. Still will come in here occasionally and help others out.

On another note, anyone want a good deal on a set of Tow Mirrors? I'd sell the set shipped for $175. Got them from 1A auto parts, and only used them about a year. They have LED turn signals too...

MasterX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which exact part number are they so i can see if they will match up to my 2009 Expedition which has heated, memory, turn signal, but manual fold.

Also what expedition year/model did they come off of so i know if i would need to re-pin the connectors per the instructions, since 03-06 and 07-12 have slightly different pinouts.

Also, now that you have a diesel, do not be the guy who forgets and fills the tank with gasoline in a senior moment and then looks down and doesnt know what to do. Hopefully you realize it before you start it up. One of my dads friends did that and thankfully caught it before lighting it up but 200 miles from nowhere. My dad is a 35 year senior diesel engineer and over the phone had him drain half the tank into the dirt, put in 2 quarts of some kind of transmission fluid(i don't recall which, but to make up for the loss in lubrication, and lift the flash point of the gasoline and prevent detonation/slow the burn as he told me later), and fill the rest with red diesel siphoned from the backhoe he was hauling on a trailer, and baby it home very low RPM and carefully, and pray that no-one stops him to swab his fuel tank. He made it about 80 miles to another gas station and filled to the top with proper diesel fuel to dilute down the last of the other shit, and slowly ran it out of the system.

The original gas station apparently didn't actually have diesel fuel which is what complicated matters, and out of stupid habit he just pulled up and started pumping, and he only had some fuel in the backhoe not a full tank to borrow to the truck, the truck survived however.

Last edited:

MasterX

Full Access Members
Reaction score

That only gives me the 03, because that year had numerous mirror combinations depending on trim levels, plus he lists another expedition in his signature so i was making my question more thorough.

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to 1aAuto.com the mirrors work from 2003 to 2010. They have the turn signal, are heated and have the puddle lights and worked great. I think the instructions are still in the box too. Here is a pic of them on my Expedition, but dont have any others sorry... if you want pics of them let me know. As I said I will ship them to you for $175 with shipping included. Thank you!P_20191120_143335_vHDR_Auto.jpg P_20191120_143256_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccky