Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Per your advice, this little honey is inbound Thurs morning this week. 2016. Initial move will be Ready Lift install. I will have to assess the wheel tire situation as we go along. I really really like the factory 22s. Always have. But I am in no hurry!

Look forward to posting progress and keeping up with the forum. I need something to divert my attention away from the wakeboat forum anyway...

View attachment 24986

Nice! Like them in White! @ExpeditionAndy has one a lot like that.

The 22’s ride terrible without the CCD in my opinion, but if you lift and put a little more rubber on them, might be as good as factory 20’s.

Dakota4ce

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! Like them in White! @ExpeditionAndy has one a lot like that.

The 22’s ride terrible without the CCD in my opinion, but if you lift and put a little more rubber on them, might be as good as factory 20’s.

Roger that. My plan would be a the ready lift and enough rubber to be around 33-34 inches. Short of rubbing. Like I said, no hurry! I may end up liking these 20s once she gets here.

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the 22’s that come on the 2018 models. After seeing some of the prices people want for them it’ll be cheaper to go aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roger that. My plan would be a the ready lift and enough rubber to be around 33-34 inches. Short of rubbing. Like I said, no hurry! I may end up liking these 20s once she gets here.
I've added a little chrome trim to mine but otherwise, unlifted.

Dakota4ce

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Awesome truck! I was going to mess around with silver colored vinyl to replicate the silver accents on the lower grill and electric steps....what all chrome pieces have you added? And where sourced?

I am a fan of tasteful lifts. The attached pic actually illustrates my lift tastes and also why the Expedition is now my vehicle. The Sequoia was beloved for 4 years but cannot tow that hog for squat (speaking of squat..it needs airbags). But I will always like how the Sequoia looks. My brother is taking it, so we aren't separated forever at least. I did a 60 mile test towing exercise with my friends Expy and the difference was ASTOUNDING! EcoBoost for the major win.

Will similarly look to make the Expy unique in some tasteful way. Hopefully.

IMG_5812.jpg

Zero Offset

Reaction score
Gotta look at the width too. So the factory wheels are a 8.5 +44 and if you go with a 9 wide 0 offset it’ll push the wheel outside the fender by 50mm(1.96 inches) and will give you an extra 38mm (1.49 inches) clearance to the suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the width of the wheel doesnt mater when the tire is this big, the tire is the concern. Half an inch of wheel adds 0.25" on each side of the hub anyway which is minimal. It's the 12" wide tire that you have to look out for. ;)

So either way, if he and I are running the same size tire and he has a +44 offset and I have a +0 offset, I have an extra 1.73" on the inside compared to him.

I'm not comparing stock tires to 35x12.50r20's :redface:

I think he has 35x11.50 tires which means my tires would need about 0.5" extra space on either side of the hub. Cheers:favorites13:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey Andy I just removed my chrome mirror caps because I didn’t like the whole mirror chrome look and I think I want to order the ford ones. Did you get them on fordpartsgiant?

Last edited: