Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats good to hear. A lower offset wheel with more backspacing will give you more space right?

I have 9" wide 0mm offset wheels and want to run 35x12.50r20 tires.

I have the Traxda 2.75"/ 2.25" spacer lift kit.

I do think you will have rubbing with a 35/12.5 with most offsets. If you don’t have outside you might have inside, but there is a bit of trimming you can do there.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A true suspension lift moves all the components of the suspension up. Spacers just push everything up. I have the Readylift but dont call it a lift kit. It’s a spacer kit/leveling kit technically

Agreed. Using your terminology there is No “Lift Kit” for 2015-2017 Expy’s.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Trust me if there was I’d be all over it. Maybe in a few years someone will come out with one for 15-17

Zero Offset

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Trust me if there was I’d be all over it. Maybe in a few years someone will come out with one for 15-17
Depending on the year of ur truck, you may have to do ALOT of cutting. You’d be better off running an actual suspension lift if you wanna go that wide of a tire.

The ready Lift is a Spacer Kit also. They are suspension, not Body, but use spring spacers to achieve the lift.

A true suspension lift moves all the components of the suspension up. Spacers just push everything up. I have the Readylift but dont call it a lift kit. It’s a spacer kit/leveling kit technically

I do think you will have rubbing with a 35/12.5 with most offsets. If you don’t have outside you might have inside, but there is a bit of trimming you can do there.

Mine is a 2010 King Ranch w/ power running boards.

If you're running 11.50 width tires on a +44mm (+1.73 inches) stock offset, doesnt it seem like the 0mm offset would more than make up for an extra 0.5" width on either side of the tire?

Plus... x12.50 wide tires are usually between 11.6"-12" actual width...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is a 2010 King Ranch w/ power running boards.

If you're running 11.50 width tires on a +44mm (+1.73 inches) stock offset, doesnt it seem like the 0mm offset would more than make up for an extra 0.5" width on either side of the tire?

Plus... x12.50 wide tires are usually between 11.6"-12" actual width...

I can only speak from experience with the 2015-2017. 35/12.5’s rubbed on the Electric boards with the Ready Lift kit, with stock wheels. At the opposite lock, it was REAL close on the inner plastics. Move the wheel in and you just change where the rubbing might occur.

See if some of the earlier Gen 3 guys speak up.

Zero Offset

Reaction score
I can only speak from experience with the 2015-2017. 35/12.5’s rubbed on the Electric boards with the Ready Lift kit, with stock wheels. At the opposite lock, it was REAL close on the inner plastics. Move the wheel in and you just change where the rubbing might occur.

See if some of the earlier Gen 3 guys speak up.

Yes,agreed, hopefully we get some 07'-14' guys to chime in.

One thing though, the 0mm offset doesnt move the wheel in, it moves it out. So that it is further away from suspension components and inner fender liners..

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes,agreed, hopefully we get some 07'-14' guys to chime in.

One thing though, the 0mm offset doesnt move the wheel in, it moves it out. So that it is further away from suspension components and inner fender liners..

That might just solve the issue! With that said, what is the factory offset?

Zero Offset

Reaction score
That might just solve the issue! With that said, what is the factory offset?

Good question. Factory offset is +44mm which means the hub is +1.73 inches from the center of the wheel. Meaning that the 0mm offset wheels give me an additional 1.73" of space on the inside by moving the wheel outward. It's a bit confusing even to me so I hope that makes sense.

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good question. Factory offset is +44mm which means the hub is +1.73 inches from the center of the wheel. Meaning that the 0mm offset wheels give me an additional 1.73" of space on the inside by moving the wheel outward. It's a bit confusing even to me so I hope that makes sense.

Gotta look at the width too. So the factory wheels are a 8.5 +44 and if you go with a 9 wide 0 offset it’ll push the wheel outside the fender by 50mm(1.96 inches) and will give you an extra 38mm (1.49 inches) clearance to the suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota4ce

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful. If it is a Platinum with 22’s it most likely has CCD. Stick with a limited with 20’s with the heavy tow pack and load leveling and you have the perfect combo. That is what I have and have been very happy.

Per your advice, this little honey is inbound Thurs morning this week. 2016. Initial move will be Ready Lift install. I will have to assess the wheel tire situation as we go along. I really really like the factory 22s. Always have. But I am in no hurry!

Look forward to posting progress and keeping up with the forum. I need something to divert my attention away from the wakeboat forum anyway...

2016-ford-expedition-el-111-p4.jpg