Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lvcjt702

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a question so are Expeditions are based on a Ford F-150 frame which has an independent front suspension could someone swap the rear suspension from an F-150 into an expedition I'm genuinely asking this question cuz I don't know

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I hate to be a grammar **** but this is making my head hurt!79388f9320c7f2592cd6567c0f0df18b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Knox GSL

Reaction score
Here is a question so are Expeditions are based on a Ford F-150 frame which has an independent front suspension could someone swap the rear suspension from an F-150 into an expedition I'm genuinely asking this question cuz I don't know

That would be the easiest way to lift it. You would want to do a straight axle in the front as the A-arms are slightly different between the vehicles. I think it be awesome to see one of these with 3/4 axles under it. 3 link the back and 4 link the front. You already have sufficient coilover mounts under it. I'd say a 6 lift and 35"s would be a nice ride.

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay are you Grammar Nazis I apologize I have arthritis in my hands from working with him for so many years so I speak into my phone to type these questions once again I apologize I didn't realize that it was so critical that my punctuation in syntax of my sentences was so bad that you couldn't understand what I'm saying once again I sincerely apologize

SuperDutyExpy

Reaction score
upload_2018-12-2_20-44-47.png
Hi Everyone. This is my first post ever. I have been studying this thread for several weeks as I wanted to give my 2014 Expedition EL Limited a facelift. After much thought, I got the Ready Lift 1.5" Leveling Kit. My truck has the Mechanical Rear Load Leveling Suspension and I didn't want to mess around with those Nivomat shocks so I left it alone. I had the 20" chrome clad wheels professionally sanded, painted, and clear coated. At that time, I also had everything blacked out that was chrome except for the door handles. The tires are BFG All-Terrain KO2s sized at 305/55R20. I thought I would share the current look since I got so much inspiration here. Thanks!

DR650N8

Reaction score
Yes that truly is a -24 Offset!!!!! Have gotten several positive comments from even the Chevrolet guy's. I do however want to let you know that since the original pics i posted i found a very interesting issue with my EXPY. sixsix hit the nail on the head with his comment. The front stick out between .5 and .75". The rear that you can see in the picture (drivers rear) sets completely flush while the (passenger rear) sets out about 1.5". I didn't notice this at first but noticed after walking up from the rear of the EXPY at work. I carried to the shop that did the lift wheels and tires and they checked all and verified that the wheels where the same and they had not messed anything up with the lift. So it was off to the "Ford Dealer" I needed to check on a replacement drivers side bottom seat cover that they had sent pics to ford for a pre-approval and thought it would be a good time to see what they thought about the difference. I completely expected them to say that they couldn't tell or the standard it is within specs, or blame it on the lift or wheels. To my surprise the general manager happened to be in the service department and overheard me talking to the service writer so he walked into the check in bay to take a look. I watched him walk back and forth about 5 times so i walked out to see what he was thinking. He said he had never seen anything like it. He also noticed that the receiver hitch wasn't in the center of the cutout in the bumper cover (YAY they admitted there IS a problem). They asked if they could take it in the shop and put it on the alignment machine and have a tech check it out so i let them start work and they gave me a courtesy ride back to work. A couple of hours later the service writer called and stated that everything was perfectly aligned and there tech's had no idea what was wrong and asked if I had a issue with them sending it to the local body shop for them to take a look at it (so I told them go ahead). A couple of more hours passed when they called back and the body shop had diagnosed the problem. The body mounts on the frame are apparently slotted and they stated that most factory vehicles where mounted directly in the center of the slots but my body was mounted with them completely up against the side of the slot. They are going to schedule a time with the body shot in the next week to loosen the body and center it up on the frame. So long story short there will be about .5 - .75" of tire outside the fenders (in my opinion this is a very good look without to much sticking out)

DRIVER SIDE
View attachment 25830

Passenger

View attachment 25831

I have this same offset thing going on with my 2013 f150 it was more noticeable when I put the taller BFGoodrich ko2 tires on. I always wondered why the tires stuck out more on one side???? Factory wheels. So this means my bed and body are not mounted to the frame on center?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limitedex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 27853
Hi Everyone. This is my first post ever. I have been studying this thread for several weeks as I wanted to give my 2014 Expedition EL Limited a facelift. After much thought, I got the Ready Lift 1.5" Leveling Kit. My truck has the Mechanical Rear Load Leveling Suspension and I didn't want to mess around with those Nivomat shocks so I left it alone. I had the 20" chrome clad wheels professionally sanded, painted, and clear coated. At that time, I also had everything blacked out that was chrome except for the door handles. The tires are BFG All-Terrain KO2s sized at 305/55R20. I thought I would share the current look since I got so much inspiration here. Thanks!

Looks awesome! But aren’t those the aluminum “limited/platinum” wheels? Chrome clad is what I have on my F150. It’s just a chrome cover.

SuperDutyExpy

Reaction score
Looks awesome! But aren’t those the aluminum “limited/platinum” wheels? Chrome clad is what I have on my F150. It’s just a chrome cover.

Yes, my wheels are aluminum. However, I am pretty sure they are advertised as "chrome clad." And, thank you for the compliment!