Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
x2 in this... with my 5” lift I clear 37s with minimal cutting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. My 3/2 allowed 35s but Im probably going to get some 3/8” spacers to move the wheels off the UCA at full lock

Allan E Joyner

Reaction score
Look at the height I got out of my 3" Strut spacer and new struts. Is it me or did I somehow get 5 to 6 inches total? When I look at other pics of 3 inch lifted expys mine seems taller.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Did you do anything to your upper control arm? Does it rest on your springs? I need to fix my camber issue. I honestly think its because im a non 4x4 truck.
No, with the new spacers they sit at a different angle but have plenty of clearance between them and the springs. Full extension they just barely touch but I dont do anything where the truck suspension would ever be at full extension.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
No, with the new spacers they sit at a different angle but have plenty of clearance between them and the springs. Full extension they just barely touch but I dont do anything where the truck suspension would ever be at full extension.

So when you did your lift, did you replace your shocks?
I only have 35k on my vehicle and I plan on doing the same leveling kit you used, ReadyLift 3/2, so I would like to use my existing shocks, what do you think?

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
So when you did your lift, did you replace your shocks?
I only have 35k on my vehicle and I plan on doing the same leveling kit you used, ReadyLift 3/2, so I would like to use my existing shocks, what do you think?
No, I did not replace the shocks only because my truck at the time had like 10,000 miles on it so I didn’t see that as necessary. I’m not sure how long of a lifespan OEM shocks have but it definitely wouldn’t hurt to look into that. Options are to either buy a shock/spring assembly or compress the springs and replace just the shocks. I installed the lift in my dad’s driveway in about 4 hours. Check out my thread
My ReadyLift SST 3/2 kit experience thus far 2016 EL Platinum 4x4 for a little write up of what I did

Rebel4fun

Reaction score
Anyone use after market control arms with uni ball ball joints when they did their lift? I'm going with a Rancho quicklift and 2 inch spacers. Want to upgrade upper control arms too. Help!

briandye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2 things....

1. Any pics of lofted third gens with aftermarket step bars? Mine had power boards from the factory, but were replaced with the ugly running boards sometime before I bought it. I’d love the power ones, and yeah, I know they’re problematic. I would do away with them all together, but I hate watching friends and family yank at my interior to try to climb in. Apparently it’s a struggle.

2. Anyone runnings spacers on the stock 20’s? Or spacers period? I really want to push my wheels out an inch or two. I think it looks so good with that little bit of Tire/wheel hanging out of the wheel well. Mine are completely inside right now. I’m nervous about spacers though, tons of bad stories related to them it seems like.