Shudders...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnuttgirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you might be having a vacuum leak (the pulling back) as well as this torque converter lock up solenoid. I'm not so familiar with vacuum leaks...but could also be a clutch pack slipping (for the pulling back). If that's the case you probalby don't have a t/c problem...you might have a transmission problem. I was told the running over rumble strips thing was the bad t/c solenoid or a bad transmission. That's all I know :)

OP
OP
G

The famous Ford "rumble strip" effect is well known in transmission circles. Actually see more of it in the 4.6 linked to a 4R70W trans. Has anyone here had a tranny service recently or, at least, before these symptoms occurred? Make sure you have Mercon V or, as I do, 100% synthetic ATF. Many shops put Dexron III in everything and may or may not use an additive like the blue bottle of Lube Guard or Smart Blend. Just a thought.