Simple tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good info. guess i should use the ebrake. but it so fun scary the gf when the car creeps that extra inch. but of course im an ass and wait until we are getting out before i let go of brake. so it creeps as she is getting out.

OP
OP
S

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am the same I put it park and while still holding the brake I hit the ebrake. I started turning everything off before starting about 4 months ago and I thought the starter was going out... since that 4 months never had 1 problem.

Stock99EB

Reaction score
good info. guess i should use the ebrake. but it so fun scary the gf when the car creeps that extra inch. but of course im an ass and wait until we are getting out before i let go of brake. so it creeps as she is getting out.

Hope this isn't copywrited/copywritten cuz I'm steal'in it....good one Talls!

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My concern with the ebrake is that the odds are 100% that when my wife drives the car shes gonna forget and have a trail of smoke comming from the tires

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i always do the e brake. even thought mine dosent work for SHIT! i can cruise. press down on it and not slow down. haha it dose hold if im on an incline. but again i have a habit of just driving onto the curb. putting my front tire down. the rear tire down, if it went up also. then turning the wheel. letting go of the brake. let it slide on to the curb and press the brake, put it into park and press down the e brake. my mom used to drive with it on all the time. i just need to go an adjust it.

Reaction score
Word of caution on the ebrake for those in the rust belt areas. Check your cables for signs of heavy rust and or fraying BEFORE you use the ebrake. It could seize up and not release if the ebrake has never been used before.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
two things.... my ebrake doesnt work shortly after i bought the truck i used it once and then the started makin noise i pulled off rear rotors and the pad had fallen off metal backin so i pulled pad out etc. havent gotten around to replacing plus the pedal return spring doesnt work anyway. and my dad is horrible on replacing **** he waits till it goes out and calls me my brother or AAA. he always says it will last longer. but then he tell me my truck is falling apart and i need to replace it cause i fix every sound. i drove his truck around the block the other day and told him really? it needs alignment bad shifts really hard brakes dont work till pedal is all the way down and then it still wont lock the tires. i said i would never be able to put my family in that and feel safe let alone myself

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik