Sitting on bump stops.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Dovahkiin

Reaction score
I have a 98 EB 4wd that was converted from air to coils by the previous owner. The problem is that its sitting on the stops in front and it sits low on the back. Is it possible the he used the 90006 kit and not the 90010? Now don't get me wrong, i really like the ride hight cause its easier for me to get in but its a really washy ride and is i am on the highway, the front is bouncing from left to right.

So with that said, i come to my original question. Could he have use the 90006? If so, id like to know and i will go ahead and install the correct kit.

On the other side of the coin, as stated earlier, i like the lower ride height. I could cut the sops and it would help. only problem is that the upper control arm is already adjust to the max and i still have neg camber. Is there a fix for this? This is the route i would really like to take, but if i cant then so be it.

John Honcoop

Reaction score
When I lowered mine I replaced the bumpstops with energy suspension ones that were the 2 inch round by 11/16. That smoothed the ride out considerably. Just remember when your ride is that low it requires a different style of driving to avoid destroying the belly of the beast. I found the part number. They screw in to the factory location too.
Energy Suspension Control Arm Bump Stop Set "Red" (9.9102R)

Expy 1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr Dovahkiin

Mr Dovahkiin

Reaction score
When I lowered mine I replaced the bumpstops with energy suspension ones that were the 2 inch round by 11/16. That smoothed the ride out considerably. Just remember when your ride is that low it requires a different style of driving to avoid destroying the belly of the beast. I found the part number. They screw in to the factory location too.
Energy Suspension Control Arm Bump Stop Set "Red" (9.9102R)

View attachment 31855

I used to run minitrucks back in the days and remember getting stuck on rr tracks. LOL.

But i do have 2 questions. Is your ride a 4wd and what did you do to compensate for the the neg camber created from the drop. Im at the max adjustment for the upper control arm and it already has some neg camber.

John Honcoop

Reaction score
I used to run minitrucks back in the days and remember getting stuck on rr tracks. LOL.

But i do have 2 questions. Is your ride a 4wd and what did you do to compensate for the the neg camber created from the drop. Im at the max adjustment for the upper control arm and it already has some neg camber.

Mine is 2wd, to fix the neg camber get a camber kit from ebay. The factory stuff can't do crap for ya when you lower it.
It's pretty easy to install. Do one at a time, but make sure you can't get it done the night before and get an alignment
right away to prevent messing up the tires.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Camb...40AAOSwxc5chzqD:sc:USPSFirstClass!96080!US!-1