Sloppy steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the front end components are under specified for these heavy vehicles. I had an 1993 E350 van and it was built like a tank. You could not break the running gear.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dthiss

Reaction score
All good info guys, please keep it coming. This truck now has 12k miles on it. She drives 500+ miles per week. It has done this from new though. The truck has Hankook Dynapro AT2 P275/55R20 tires. Tire pressures are 47 lf 48 fr 46 lr 47 rr according to Ford Pass,

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d also add that it depends what vehicle you are comparing it to. It does have very light steering, with little feedback. It ain’t no sports car, that’s for sure.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All good info guys, please keep it coming. This truck now has 12k miles on it. She drives 500+ miles per week. It has done this from new though. The truck has Hankook Dynapro AT2 P275/55R20 tires. Tire pressures are 47 lf 48 fr 46 lr 47 rr according to Ford Pass,

Ford’s recommended cold tire pressure for the 20” tires on your vehicle are 39 psi.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think your on the too high end too much pressure for sure makes cars twitchy snd reduces contact patch. Haven’t tried high pressures in my expedition yet but past trucks drove horribly on high pressures

OP
OP
D

Dthiss

Reaction score
Ford’s recommended cold tire pressure for the 20” tires on your vehicle are 39 psi.

you are correct I just checked the door 39 is correct. I’m not sure why I put what I did. Actual is 40 all the way around, except for left rear is 46. She had a flat there a few weeks ago. I must have pumped that one to high.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you are correct I just checked the door 39 is correct. I’m not sure why I put what I did. Actual is 40 all the way around, except for left rear is 46. She had a flat there a few weeks ago. I must have pumped that one to high.
I noticed if I had a 3-4lb difference between sides it did wander more to one side.
I think these big wheel/ sporty tire combos have more dramatic impact on handling when they aren’t right on the numbers. Vs my old truck on boring 17’s with thick rubber was far less finicky on pressures

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check tire pressures cold in the morning before the sun hits the tires and heats them up with a digital gauge.