Small Mod - Replacement 3rd Brakelight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pdipaolo

Reaction score
I’ve done this same upgrade about six months ago. I also did the taillights as well. Overall I am pleased with how bright they are. As far as anyone say they aren’t Legal in every state they are wrong, they are OEM and DOT certified. If color is a problem they also have a red plastic version of this same light3A8ED1FF-EFDF-4A65-983D-9A9DC5F82AB5.jpeg 141FAB72-4CCE-4A05-A0BC-11659CFB4A82.jpeg

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve done this same upgrade about six months ago. I also did the taillights as well. Overall I am pleased with how bright they are. As far as anyone say they aren’t Legal in every state they are wrong, they are OEM and DOT certified. If color is a problem they also have a red plastic version of this same lightView attachment 32345 View attachment 32346

Which brand taillights are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you install the 3rd Brake Light flasher, where did you mount the control box? (Inside the lift gate. above the headliner, or someplace else?)

Above the headliner. It’s got an adhesive pad that makes it no problemo.

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
I did the clear upgrade, came from Amazon, no issue with fitting it. Problem is, the clear version on a white Expedition dictates a taillamp swap to clear. Or does it, maybe, uh, dunno, still kind of looks a little off. Probably not, already too much drama inside the existing assembly's front and back, that secret aviation upgrade took days, and I still need to finish the right front assembly, s****e systems are not easy! Oh, no, got to go, the aliens are calling! P.S. D.O.T. certified and approved, judge, please stick this citation uppa your a**

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@LokiWolf how well does your washer fluid spray out of the led light housing? Mine has a pretty intense jet, but it’s missing or over-spraying the rear glass, I barely get any cleaning out of it. Any pointers on getting it to a more reasonable pressure if you did have to modify?