Small Mod - Replacement 3rd Brakelight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@LokiWolf how well does your washer fluid spray out of the led light housing? Mine has a pretty intense jet, but it’s missing or over-spraying the rear glass, I barely get any cleaning out of it. Any pointers on getting it to a more reasonable pressure if you did have to modify?

Yes, I've bought the same light and the reviews say to swap the spray nozzle from the factory unit and install it on the new LED unit. I did the transfer right away, while installing the new 3rd brake light. This new assembly is 100% compatible with the Ford OEM spray nozzle.

:)

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did this modification. 2-1/2 years ago and replaced the tail lights with LED tail lights. I'm pretty sure I created a thread with pictures, but I'm not going to take the time to look for it. :)

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did this modification. 2-1/2 years ago and replaced the tail lights with LED tail lights. I'm pretty sure I created a thread with pictures, but I'm not going to take the time to look for it. :)

I think I saw it when I first got my truck, didn’t realize it was the same/similar unit.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@LokiWolf how well does your washer fluid spray out of the led light housing? Mine has a pretty intense jet, but it’s missing or over-spraying the rear glass, I barely get any cleaning out of it. Any pointers on getting it to a more reasonable pressure if you did have to modify?

Yep, moved the the factory nozzle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the last 2 years I became a Mason, joined the Scottish Rite and the York Rite, a year and a half later I was elected to an officer's position in the Lodge of Perfection Line at the Scottish Rite, and I will a Shriner very soon - it would have happened two weeks ago except for my arm - more on that later. Last year we bought a new house, moved - the picture at bottom is the old house we were renting. I'm building a wood shop in the basement, I bought a lathe and made a few things. I've had cataract surgery on both eyes it's like having new eyes. Three weeks ago while buying countertop and particle board for my workbench in the basement at Lowes, I tripped over a rolled up carpet that was sticking out in the aisle - which I didn't see because I wasn't looking down, and I fell, broke my left arm in 4 places up near the ball, and bruised my ribs and everything else that didn't get broken. So it has been a rough three weeks. Yesterday was the first day that I was able to drive since the fall. I'm finally able to type with both hands again. I've been off work for three weeks - I'm going back part time next week. Like I said, I've been busy. :)

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the last 2 years I became a Mason, joined the Scottish Rite and the York Rite, a year and a half later I was elected to an officer's position in the Lodge of Perfection Line at the Scottish Rite, and I will a Shriner very soon - it would have happened two weeks ago except for my arm - more on that later. Last year we bought a new house, moved - the picture at bottom is the old house we were renting. I'm building a wood shop in the basement, I bought a lathe and made a few things. I've had cataract surgery on both eyes it's like having new eyes. Three weeks ago while buying countertop and particle board for my workbench in the basement at Lowes, I tripped over a rolled up carpet that was sticking out in the aisle - which I didn't see because I wasn't looking down, and I fell, broke my left arm in 4 places up near the ball, and bruised my ribs and everything else that didn't get broken. So it has been a rough three weeks. Yesterday was the first day that I was able to drive since the fall. I'm finally able to type with both hands again. I've been off work for three weeks - I'm going back part time next week. Like I said, I've been busy. :)

Dude! Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro