so we got big issues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KC Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the upper part of the plug came out, but the bottom is still in the head correct? If so, its Somewhat common on the 3V 5.4. Ford has a tool to extract them and it may be available at a local parts store. The original OEM plugs were a 2 piece design. Replacement plugs are one piece.

Earlier 2V 5.4 would strip the threads on some.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with KC. As long as you have the tool, go ahead and do all of them. The sooner you do them, the less chance of breaking. I had 4 break on mine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you happen to have Amazon Prime, you could get it by Wednesday. Link

Or try your local craigslist to see if someone is selling/renting it around your area.

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well check it out. Local dealership took care if me for $45.00

Only took 2 spark plugs, 1 coil, and reprogramming of the ecu with newest ford updates and it runs better than it ever has for us.

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not yet. Had to get the expedition back on the road quickly as my tranny in my Powerstroke is really acting up. Plus the dealer only had 1 plug and refused to put in anything other than Motorcraft plugs