Someone with a 2016 or 2017 Platinum with Sync3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GIJosh28

Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone with a 2016 or 2017 Platinum with Sync 3 please tell me, when you change your temperature, does it show a little round display on your screen telling you the temperature you're setting it to?

I have a 2015 and I bought a Sync 3 to replace the Sync 2. My 2018 truck has Sync 3 and when I turn the AC knob, it shows a round display on the screen and shows what temperature I am setting it to. It even does this in Android Auto. The replacement radio in the 2015 is not doing this, and I am wondering if it should and just has a wrong setting in the APIM that I can fix with Forscan.

Thanks,
Josh

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just because you have a Platinum doesn't mean the Sync 3 is different in a lower model truck. But with that said no it doesn't have a round display. If I'm on the climate screen it just shows the temperature in big numbers. If I'm on a different screen it will show the temperature in little numbers at the top. The display is probably different in the 18's

OP
OP
G

GIJosh28

Reaction score
I was asking for Platinum because if someone chimed in, I was going to ask for a copy of their APIM save file, so I could compare it.

On mine I can only see the temperatures in the climate screen. They are at the top of the screen there. Anywhere else, I change the temperature, it changes, but I can't see it. It's especially annoying in Android Auto because I have the exit AA to go to the climate screen to see the temp. If I understand your reply, you have the temps displayed at the top of all of your screens. Is this also true in Android Auto?

Last edited:

Kurtyg2020

Reaction score
I was asking for Platinum because if someone chimed in, I was going to ask for a copy of their APIM save file, so I could compare it.

On mine I can only see the temperatures in the climate screen. They are at the top of the screen there. Anywhere else, I change the temperature, it changes, but I can't see it. It's especially annoying in Android Auto because I have the exit AA to go to the climate screen to see the temp. If I understand your reply, you have the temps displayed at the top of all of your screens. Is this also true in Android Auto?

I have a 2016 Limited, and in Android Auto you can't see what the temp is set at. That is one thing I do not like about AA.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
2016 Platinum with sync 3

Hi,

Can someone with a 2016 or 2017 Platinum with Sync 3 please tell me, when you change your temperature, does it show a little round display on your screen telling you the temperature you're setting it to?

I have a 2015 and I bought a Sync 3 to replace the Sync 2. My 2018 truck has Sync 3 and when I turn the AC knob, it shows a round display on the screen and shows what temperature I am setting it to. It even does this in Android Auto. The replacement radio in the 2015 is not doing this, and I am wondering if it should and just has a wrong setting in the APIM that I can fix with Forscan.

Thanks,
Josh

OP
OP
G

GIJosh28

Reaction score
Ok. If I find a code that makes it display I will pass it to you guys. My 2018 definitely shows it even in AA. Thanks for the video too! You guys are a lot nicer that the guys on the Raptor forum.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is a generic 2017 dash....the only time I cannot see the temps in the upper corners of the main display is when the rear camera is active or if the weather map is active....I think....please chime in guys if I'm wrong.....

jeff

2017 dash.jpeg

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Limited, and in Android Auto you can't see what the temp is set at. That is one thing I do not like about AA.
Can’t see temp in CarPlay either on Sync 3. I noticed the 2018’s have temperature display on the adjustment knobs and thought this might be why.

Dj Holland

Reaction score
I noticed my 16 escape the temp and fan speed shows on the sync 3 when it’s changed as a round dial like the volume but not on my 17 expy