Something going on with rear wiper.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legendary70

Reaction score
Good Morning.

Just bought my 2013 expedition and I am very excited on fixing things here and there.

For some reason my rear wiper I noticed does not cover the entire rear window how it is supposed to. I turned it on and checked out and it only wipes half the window? the top half of the wiper does not touch the window when it is on. any ideas why?

thx

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Need a new wiper blade. The old one is probably dried out, warped and lost tension.

Ford part 9L1Z-17526-A will include the whole assemble, including the missing nut cover, so kill 2 birds with one stone. About $20 give or take.

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I removed my wiper arm/blade all together and 3d printed a cap. No scratches on glass.

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar problem that legendary70 experienced, except that the blade does not clean the center part of the arc on the window. Mine is also a ’13 Expy, and an “authorized Ford dealership” service dept replaced the rear blade a month ago. That said, there is a noticeable gap in the blade that does not clean the rear window, so unknown ATT if they used the wrong blade or installed it wrong. On my Ford invoice though, the service dept used part number “9L1Z-17528-B”. Since that is different from what Flexpedition posted, it appears the service dept may have used the wrong blade. Anyway, looks like a trip is in order to have the service dept remedy this.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
There are a half dozen Ford part numbers for wiper blades that fir our cars. Different styles, prices weather and designs. Some work better than others on specific applications. They are all supposed to work.

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Trainmaster. I found that out when I contacted the Ford dealership after I sent my initial response. They told me the part number that Flexpedition originally posted was for the entire arm (as he correctly stated). Mine was for just the blade.
Anyway, the way my wiper currently swipes is gooned up...so a trip to the Ford guys next week for them to fix.