Something weird with the mirror lights . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elbimster

Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried searching the forum and the vehicles manual before coming here, but haven't found anything. Turning to the experts!

Today I swapped out the passenger mirror housing on my '04 Expy with one from an '03 Expy from a junkyard (both Eddie Bauers). The bulbs in the replacement were dead, so I just put in the ones from the old mirror since it was right there, and I mostly wanted to make sure it worked.

Well, it sort of does. The problem is, the lights behave EXACTLY THE SAME. For example, when you unlock the doors only the puddle light is supposed to go on, but right now both do. When I engage the right turn signal, both lights blink AND out of sequence with the other signals. I tried switching around the bulbs just in case.

My hope is that it's the vehicles way of telling me the bulbs are going bad, my fear is that it's a problem with the new mirror assembly. As I'm a bit OCD, it's driving me a little nuts!

Has anybody else ever seen this and have any thoughts on a solution?

Thanks in advance

B

bedrck46

may be possible that you have a bad ground connection. Ground for that circuit should be located on the B-pillar between the front and rear door drivers side or the ground wire from the mirror is faulty. The ground wire is a black wire.

To test it, get to the connector that the mirror plugs into and run a separate wire from the black wire to a good ground

B

bedrck46

there are two black wires on that connector pin 2 and pin 9 pin 2 is the second pin in. Pin 9 is on the other row of pins and its the first pin on that row That ground connection also is for the mirror heater. Check each wire to see if you have a good ground. It appears the wire harness runs for the ground wire runs from the door to the B-pillar where it connects to the sheet metal