Spare Tire Flat , Punctures In Sidwall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAY OLIVO

Reaction score
I Purchased A 2016 Expedition, I had never needed to use the spare tire until recently , i ran over an object that fell off truck, causing tire to go flat,(Had just Purchased New Set be for trip to Florida), Upon Lowering Spare tire , Noticed Tire was flat, no air, Tire Was taken to be Filled With Air, And the tire had a plucture on the side wall, Upon Further inspection, Their was a dent in the opposite side of the tire, caused by something being pressed against sidewall, while it was in its stored cradle under car. the lug wrench was to small to fit the lug nuts on Rim that came with the Vehicle.Has anyone else run across this problem,

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fortunately I have never needed to use my spare, but I lower it every 3 months to check the tyre condition and pressure. Never had an issue and I know the lug spanner is the correct size as I have used it when rotating my tyres. Don't know what could have caused that damage to yours if it occurred whilst in the spare location!! Could a previous owner been driving with the spare on a normal wheel location when he hit something and damaged the tyre, he didn't want the expense of replacing the tyre so he just put it back in the spare location with all that damage and you just found out?

Gary

OP
OP
R

RAY OLIVO

Reaction score
before installing another spare, ., took picture of bolts that were protruding from bracket holding tire bracket , looked to be in area of where tire was up against side wall

20191020_154121.jpg

20191021_084621.jpg