Spark plug change... my wallet hurts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had great success with seafoam. Changed mine at 133,000 (hadnt been changed before!) ran a can of seafoam in the gas and crankcase (helps clean the vct solenoid) And another can i kept running it through the brake booster per directions till it was gone. I think i ended up doing that 4 times. Then when i had ran the seafoam tank out i changed the oil and filled the tank with gas ans gumout injector cleaner.

I took it to my mechanic about a week and a half later ( after i had burned through almost all the second tank of gas ) He was very surprised to remove all 8 plugs with no problems! Said hes done many 3 valves and had never done that before!

dadamaja

Reaction score
Haven't posted fro a long time but I need to change the plugs in my 05.
I have seen Fords TSB method, and also what some of the garages and a few people on youtube are doing... run engine up to temp and remove with Impact wrench.
I'm open to suggestions and advice or anything else to change plugs.
(Other that $800.00 at the dealer) Who has had success with what methods?

thanks

800 at the dealer:thumbsdown:, i recently had mine done at the dealer, parts and labor with one plug breaking was $511 with tax , they charge $45 for each plug that breaks .of course the other ford dealership in town wanted $600 + $100 for each broken plug.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Warm engine with impact wrench worked like a charm for my roommates '06 F150, only had one plug break, of course it was the last one.