Spark Plug Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cericks

Reaction score
I have an 06 EB i purchased about 3 years ago with 118k miles on it. It now has 145k. The vehicle had been well cared for but do not know the maintenance history and i'm curious at what point should the plugs be replaced, and is it likely that they were replaced before i purchased the vehicle. Thanks

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally, I would assume they haven't been changed

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Better change it now while carbon deposits are still not much of a problem. Just follow the TSB's recommended procedure.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I don't know they're part of the 100,000 maintenaned schedule and you say it was well cared for, so the greater possibility is that they were replaced on time 18k miles before you got the truck...

I say leave it alone, if it's running good, no misfires or hesitating, returns good mpg's then your answer is obvious.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For peace of mind change them unless you can verify. As others have said every 100K.

Uberexpy

Reaction score
I got 55,000 out of the original plugs. Paid the dealer to change them. Got about 30,000 on the next set before I started getting random misfire codes.I just changed them myself, following the TSB, and had no broken plugs. Of course, two of them were never tightened anyway.