Speedometer Reprogrammed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Just had my speedometer reprogrammed by the dealer. Unfortunately it made it worse.It was off 2.85 mph at 65 now it's off 4.08 mph. They apparently weren't able to enter my tire size so that had to pick from available sizes so the tech naturally picked the only 20" size available but it was narrower and lower profile than what I have so the net result is worse.

We are going to look at the other sizes that are available and see if we can find a diameter/profile/width combo that get's me closer.

I'll let you know how this works out.

255x55xR20-275x60xR20.png

255x55xR20-275x60xR20.png

Curless Auto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WTF? Why would they do that? I hope they did not charge you. Get a hold of me when you can Andy, lets talk about a custom tune for your truck.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I paid them to hook it up to the computer and change it but I wasn't asked what I would like he just selected the biggest size he could find and didn't understand the interaction between width - sidewall height and diameter and how it affects revolutions per mile.

I'll call you Chris.