Spring coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exp099

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so after i installed the 3" coil spacers i drove it a couple days i noticed that the springds are out of its placed. I do hear something wierd everytime i turn right orkeft and when im on uneven road surface.. Can someone help what,should i do?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Sounds like your rear coils have shifted. You need to revenged the coils. If yo7 need more info, let me know.

OP
OP
Exp099

Exp099

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like your rear coils have shifted. You need to revenged the coils. If yo7 need more info, let me know.

Thermo, yes ineed more info please.. So how do I revenge them is it better if I just go to a junk yard and find a expedition and take off the springs and put it on mines? Also iknow this is off topic but for a body lift wher is the gear box ?

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Exp099, to re-arrange (not revenge) the rear coils, what you will need to do is to first get under the truck and undo the lower shock mounts. This will allow the axle to travel further than what it normally can. From there, using a jack, lift the truck by the frame (not axle) to remove all of the weight from the springs. This will allow you to use a long screw driver or pry bar and push the springs back into place. Once centered, you can lower the truck back down and reattach the shocks.

As for installing a body lift, the tranny is attached to the frame of the truck, not the body. So, the only thing you may have to worry about with a body lift is if you have the adjustable pedals. That requires a special body lift kit to extend some of the bracketry for that. Other than that, a body lift is pretty easy to do to our trucks. Lots of members have done it.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a body Lift on mine and have Adjustable pedals , never came with anything to move them?? What should have been done ???

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dgray69 also did a BL on adjustable pedals and didn't have to do anything special

OP
OP
Exp099

Exp099

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exp099, to re-arrange (not revenge) the rear coils, what you will need to do is to first get under the truck and undo the lower shock mounts. This will allow the axle to travel further than what it normally can. From there, using a jack, lift the truck by the frame (not axle) to remove all of the weight from the springs. This will allow you to use a long screw driver or pry bar and push the springs back into place. Once centered, you can lower the truck back down and reattach the shocks.

As for installing a body lift, the tranny is attached to the frame of the truck, not the body. So, the only thing you may have to worry about with a body lift is if you have the adjustable pedals. That requires a special body lift kit to extend some of the bracketry for that. Other than that, a body lift is pretty easy to do to our trucks. Lots of members have done it.

Ok got it thermo i just got some rancho shocks for a 4" lift to go with it since its really bouncy in the back..
well idid a body lift myself took me a whole week lol to do mine since i had limited time work in the evening so idid some work in the mornings but anyways idnt have to worry about that 6"hose that goes somewhere on a gearbox cable??