Spring compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
Going to be running bilstein 5100s on my 2016 limited SWB. Has anyone had good success with spring compressors to get them off the shock or is everyone taking their trucks into a shop to have everything done?
PFA
B264CB05-501D-488F-9756-C2D4E9F18D60.jpeg

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a good experience with this pair I borrowed from O'Reilly's. They were pretty much brand new. Just make sure the threads are in good shape. I had a not so good experience with a pair I borrowed from NAPA. The threads/bolts were worn and it jumped several threads on me while tightening them down.

IMG_6257.JPG

OP
OP
Robert McMillan

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
I had a good experience with this pair I borrowed from O'Reilly's. They were pretty much brand new. Just make sure the threads are in good shape. I had a not so good experience with a pair I borrowed from NAPA. The threads/bolts were worn and it jumped several threads on me while tightening them down.

View attachment 37324
Awesome thanks!

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score

View attachment 37324
Thanks, that's what I plan to do. I can't see paying extra for new springs just to save a little time especially when they could change the integrity of the suspension.

OP
OP
Robert McMillan

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I plan to do. I can't see paying extra for new springs just to save a little time especially when they could change the integrity of the suspension.
Yeah, no need for springs unless you tow non stop on them. Great way to save some $$

outdare

Reaction score
I paid the shop down the street from me $20 per strut to swap the springs for me.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I did end up replacing my springs while I was at it. Added spacers for the 3.5/2.5 lift. Looking back I may not have need to... just wanted to make sure I wasn't giving anything up on ride height plus wanted good springs to help with the larger/heavier tires. At least that's the logic I used to justify it :).

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did end up replacing my springs while I was at it. Added spacers for the 3.5/2.5 lift. Looking back I may not have need to... just wanted to make sure I wasn't giving anything up on ride height plus wanted good springs to help with the larger/heavier tires. At least that's the logic I used to justify it :).
What does better springs have to do with larger tires?