SSV electrical

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought an 04 police package, with a host of electrical issues. I'm assuming it's something to do with the police package wiring.
is there anyone here with experience with the police package wiring? here's a list of issues:
1) radio will not power up
2) Power door locks don't work
3) front passenger window will not roll up from that door's control. it will come down, but not up. it works fine from the controls in the driver's door.
4) adjustable pedals move less than an inch in either direction

thanks for your time
jg

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
This is usually the problem with used SSV's. I've owned several that came with a hose of individual wiring problems. They are usually unrelated and just the result of deferred maintenance. I've found few problems exclusive to the SSV wiring.

Troubleshoot each problem individually.

1. Check the radio power in the usual way. Fuses, tracing circuits, speaker wiring, etc.

2. If now power door locks work, check the circuit breaker and/or switches.

3. Window sounds like either master or door switch. It can be traced with a meter.

4. The pedals share a problem typical for these cars. There's a broken plastic gear in the actuator and the entire unit requires replacement.

Enjoy your project.,

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks. that helps. i have no experience with Expeditions, so i'm starting from scratch, your post will help tremendously. I've already found the youtube video on the pedals.

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UPDATE:
the door controls wouldn't work because ALL FOUR door switches failed.
the AC blend motor wasn't working because of vacuum issues.
a plethora of fuses, relays, etc., broke the radio and other electrical problems. the used car recycler I bought it from had to redo the wiring for the lights to pass inspection; I suspect they were less than careful. or knowledgeable. they looked like the banjo player from deliverance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes