Stock 6 disc 2008 Expedition - Aux AND Line-In?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmeyer5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I got a 2008 Expedition to replace my now totaled 2000 Expedition. It has the 6 disc in dash unit, no satellite or nav. When I press the AUX button, there are two settings, Line-In and Aux. Are these two different inputs?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes...line in would be for a disc changer or some other input...maybe external Sirius or XM...Aux would be something else ur connecting with rcas or trying to attach something in that manner...I could be wrong but that's my understanding

OP
OP
J

jcmeyer5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I though line in was for that small headphone jack on the dash. I had no idea what AUX was for. So you are telling me you think there is an unused input on the back of the head unit?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The AUX button (below the phone icon button) is for Sirius XM. The easiest way to tell if you have the optional Sirius XM tuner is to press and hold the AUX and preset #1 buttons simultaneously for about 2 seconds. If a long string of numbers appear on the display, you have this $195 optional tuner. You can add the satellite radio tuner if desired, but I'm not sure what else, if anything, can be.

You are correct about the line in jack, Jack.

OP
OP
J

jcmeyer5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. Holds no value for me then as I don't have/want Sirius, but thank you much for the information!

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FA7C0C85-65E4-410A-87D0-062CB24D865A.jpeg I’m not finding anything in search. Sorry if this is covered elsewhere.

08 Expedition King Ranch, 6 disc changer/Sirius. Has the trim in the dash next to the cig lighter that has Line In printed in the plastic. But only a hole were the 3.5mm Jack should be. I’m thinking it got shoved through the plastic, so I pull center stack trim. Nothing! No 3.5mm.
A small harness with connector over toward the glovebox side not connected to anything. Is this what should go to the 3.5 Jack? I just want to play my iPhone through the stereo. I don’t care about the missing 3.5, my 10r doesn’t have headphone output anyway. I’d like to mount a USB port that has wires I can connect to stereo audio input and wires I can connect to charge iPhone at the same time with one usb cable.

I can’t find the wiring diagram for the six changer input connections. Anyone have info on which pins on the stereo this missing 3.5mm jack wired to?

Last edited:

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FM & Sirius can’t even tell it has a subwoofer. Some iTunes TobyMac and I can tell it has a sub now!!!! Lol