stopping rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianwhite

Reaction score
Rear control arms are looking pretty bad..understanding this is common with these trucks...but starting to get it on bottom of inside of doors...anyone know of something I can treat it with before it rots through ...

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bondo is really the only thing that I know of. If your doors are just starting, then you have time. As for the control arms, go with PMT arms, they are worth the money.

tsgrpr97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
POR-15 or eastwoods rust encapsulator are excellent for halting corrosion. If its at the bottom of the doorskin it very well might be rusting from the inside out. Make sure any drain holes in the door bottom are not plugged

EvilTwinTLR

Reaction score
POR-15 or eastwoods rust encapsulator are excellent for halting corrosion. If its at the bottom of the doorskin it very well might be rusting from the inside out. Make sure any drain holes in the door bottom are not plugged

POR-15 is the only way, and the best IMO to fix/stop the rust issue. Bondo, or body filler will not stop rust, if anything it accelerates it a bit.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah it probably isn't a good solution for the bottom of the doors, I bondo'd my fender last year and it has stopped the rust there completely.

EvilTwinTLR

Reaction score
Well growing up in a body shop in S. Florida, I saw a LOT of bondo jobs that never stopped rusting. You might be right if you live in an area that's really dry like AZ. or Vegas area....:waytogo:

Yeah it probably isn't a good solution for the bottom of the doors, I bondo'd my fender last year and it has stopped the rust there completely.

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had good results with the duplicolor bed liner (when used as undercoating...not bedliner)

OP
OP
B

brianwhite

Reaction score
im in jersey...they call it the garden state, but rust grows faster, i could plant a tomato an lay a fender next to it...the fender would rot before you got something edible...ill check the por15 out...i sanded and bondo'd bronco fenders and they kept rotting..2013...think they'd be a spray away rust treatment by now..no hoverboards or flying cars...futures a disappointment