Stupid Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMelton

Reaction score
Ok, before I go spend a bunch of money ordering a Fuse Panel for under the dash I have a stupid question.

Ford shows that there are two different types of 14A068 Fuse Panels.

They call out a version for Expeditions without what they call a power group, and one with a power group.

Am I assuming correctly that an Expedition with a power group means that it has power windows, door locks and seats?

The one I just bought is a 1997 4x4 with the Eddie Bauer package. It's got all of that stuff including the power sun roof.

I know it's a stupid question, but I would rather ask it than order the wrong part and not be able to return it.

Thanks.....

jayhawk2014

Reaction score
I would get the power group fuse panel. I am pretty sure "power group" refers to the options like the power sunroof, the power wing windows in the very back, power driver seat, etc.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
What leads you to believe that the fuse panel is bad? It seems like kind of a rare thing to fail.

OP
OP
J

JMelton

Reaction score
What leads you to believe that the fuse panel is bad? It seems like kind of a rare thing to fail.

I have electrical items and systems that are not working, and there are NO blown fuses in any of the fuse boxes. The only blown fuse I found was the fuse for the foglight relay, every other fuse is good.

A review of the threads under this forum topic suggests that it, and possibly the GEM are causing it due to water from windshield leakage.

It was raining the day I bought this thing and there is stuff that wasn't working that day that is now, and there is stuff that still isn't like the cruise control, 4wd and rear wiper motor.

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'd do the GEM first and see if everything clears up, if not then spend the time and money on the fuse panel.

OP
OP
J

JMelton

Reaction score
Ok so I replaced the GEM and the Fuse panel yesterday. The Fuse Panel had green corrosion residue at the splitline of the case at the bottom. The GEM itself had a Ford part numbered plastic shield installed over the top of it. Not sure if these came from the factory with it, or if it was something that was added after the fact.

So now all of my 4x4 lights come on and I can hear clicking behind the dash which never happened before. The rear window wiper now works and the map lights in the overhead console are working too.