Surround speakers not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbirdsvt

Reaction score
I have a 2015 XLT with MyTouch. I have tweeters in the front and back and a center channel in the dash, but none of these speakers actually work. Does anybody know why? All the door speakers work fine. It's just the "extra" speakers that don't.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in mine you have to go into settings and select sound, then select surround . then it sounds different.
other than that i am not much help

does it have the nav as well and the sony system?

OP
OP
J

jbirdsvt

Reaction score
No, I don't have nav. I tried turning on surround in the sound settings but there's still nothing coming from the extra speakers. I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what. LOL

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you certain there are speakers installed, or is your vehicle "speaker ready"?

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think if no NAV then you dont have the sony and the surround..cant imagine they put in panels with no speakers....but its possible

i defer to your owners manual

OP
OP
J

jbirdsvt

Reaction score
If I play music from my phone through Bluetooth, I can tell the front tweeters are working, but still nothing from the back. They don't work at all if I'm playing regular FM radio. It's also strange how I have to go into settings and set it to surround every time. For some reason, when I turn off the truck, it defaults back to stereo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712