Swap front bench seat for buckets and a console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keith03expy

Reaction score
2003 XLT Expedition - Well I am tired of my boring bench 80/20 front seat. I am going to switch to two bucket seats and a full console. I have acquired a nice passenger bucket seat from a junk yard which is an exact match. I have also gotten a center console, console brackets and mounting base. All for $100! My question is the passenger bucket seat inside bolts obviously will be in a different spot then the bench. Does Ford use only one floor pan and have the threaded bolt holes already in the floor just covered by carpet? Or will I be drilling through my floor pan and bolting the seats all the way through? Also, same question for the 2 console mounting brackets. I know I could pull my carpet up and answer my own question but it is easier to let someone who knows more then I tell me...Thanks again and any input otherwise on this project would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that the floor pans are all the same. From a manufacturing position would cost more to have multiple versions and it opens them up to mistakes if they were to weld the body to the wrong floor pan.

Corbin scott

Reaction score
I’m looking to do the opposite that you are and was wondering if I could get the bench seat from you is it one that has a fold down middle seat that has a console

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deena