Sync4A Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know the specific changes this update provides?
So far I've found:
– Pressing fan button sets the rotating knob to fan control; also can turn fan/AC off with the knob.
– When the fan is off, the temp button that used to always show the set temperature now shows 'OFF;" pressing while showing OFF re-starts the fan/AC at previous settings.
– Pressing the seat heat/cool icon sets the rotating knob to control seat heat/cool level, or turn off.
– A dedicated camera button at the top of the screen. Going above a slow speed only shows the rear camera.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using CarPlay google maps?

To me Fords sync4 navigation is as good or better than Google. Which is not the case in 99% of vehicles.
What's better about it? I have no issues with Google Maps. The traffic, arrival times, etc are perfect every time.

ak49

Reaction score
What's better about it? I have no issues with Google Maps. The traffic, arrival times, etc are perfect every time.
I totally agree. I also like having satellite imagery displayed in unfamiliar areas. It's nice being able to see what's beyond the trees along the road.

ak49

Reaction score
So far I've found:
– Pressing fan button sets the rotating knob to fan control; also can turn fan/AC off with the knob.
– When the fan is off, the temp button that used to always show the set temperature now shows 'OFF;" pressing while showing OFF re-starts the fan/AC at previous settings.
– Pressing the seat heat/cool icon sets the rotating knob to control seat heat/cool level, or turn off.
– A dedicated camera button at the top of the screen. Going above a slow speed only shows the rear camera.
I haven't received the update yet, but I believe Apple Carplay was suppose to use a bit more of the screen too. From the image posted earlier in this thread, it looks like it now extends to the menu/status bar on the top of the screen.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So far I've found:
I've only played a little, but they've changed a number of icons as well. Cleaner.
Controls page is torn up and in different places now. People have mentioned the direct Camera button on top. Trailer items are now a separate App in drop down where you'd normally select Navigation, etc.
I've read there are now Profiles, but haven't investigated yet.
Haven't seen how Settings may have changed. The menu appearance has.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m only seeing updates on 22’s. Does anyone know if 23s are also updating? I hate that 22’s now seem to be better than the 23‘s because we are not getting updates. Hopefully I’ll be able to eat my words soon

Skylais

Reaction score
I’m only seeing updates on 22’s. Does anyone know if 23s are also updating? I hate that 22’s now seem to be better than the 23‘s because we are not getting updates. Hopefully I’ll be able to eat my words soon
Same. @hharrels seems to know a little bit more than we do?

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Functionality its the same but better due to the fact you do not need to pair your phone.
I hate the pairing of my phone since it rings via the Sync, my passengers can see incoming calls, it drains the battery quicker and I am always tethered to it. Also the GPS signal from the roof and the Cell Signal from the Root antenna is better. Especially out of busy areas.

Just my personal opinion but I like stand alone navigation for many reasons.

Whatever works for you. Everyone has a phone, everyone, so Ford put in the built in Navigation (and did a great job) for a reason. Otherwise they could have forced you to use only Phone Sync.

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work in IT where we desperately need users to have a smartphone so we can enable better 2FA security on their user accounts, and I can assure you, not everyone has a smart phone. You can probably disable Call Audio for your Expedition bluetooth connection and just leave media allowed then you could use it for maps and not calls. I have not tried that, though.

Also, Waze > Google Maps because you can't snitch on the police locations in Google Maps. :fishing1: