SYNCH, phone, radio/CD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollinstone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn't find an answer in the Owner's Manual, nor in the forums. It's a hard title to search.

Not equipped with the NAV panel, just the little radio screen with my backup camera inset in the rear view mirror. My iPhoneXR is synched just fine, I make calls/receive calls, get texts, etc, no problem. However, say I'm listening to the radio or a CD and I make a call. Of course the radio/CD cuts out since the phone call overrides it. My problem is when I finish the call the radio/CD does not resume...unless I park and shut off the engine, then start back up again...something I'm not gonna do traveling down a highway. I've tried pushing every button I have on the steering wheel and the radio panel...no joy.

Now, full disclosure...during one of my recent searches I came across a tidbit that said to hang up, press and HOLD the phone icon on the steering wheel. I haven't tried that yet. I've always just let the phone go dead on its own. If I do the "press and hold" will my radio/CD continue? If not, what's the solution?

Tonka

Reaction score
I have a 13’ my radio goes back to where I left off when I press and hold the phone button. Hopefully yours will work too! If it doesn’t idk, mine messes up in other annoying ways but I deal with it lol , i don’t really won’t to switch it out lol.

OP
OP
rollinstone

rollinstone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
YES!! It worked by pressing and HOLDING the phone icon button. After all these years! :rotflmao:
:rotflmao:

Tonka

Reaction score
Lol cool Congrats! trust I’ve had plenty of things that I figured out could do something years later that I didn’t note they could do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69