05' EB Radio does not work and PHONE is lit up draining Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dw3266

Reaction score
need help on what is causing the radio not to work and PHONE to be lit up. this model the phone button only mutes the radio for a call. You can not connect your phone to it. When you shut it off and remove key exit the truck it stays on. which in turn is draining the battery

05' EB.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
need help on what is causing the radio not to work and PHONE to be lit up. this model the phone button only mutes the radio for a call. You can not connect your phone to it. When you shut it off and remove key exit the truck it stays on. which in turn is draining the battery

View attachment 80045

A suggestion: Have you tried to disconnect the battery negative cable for a several minutes, then reconnect it - and see if the radio resets?

Has the radio worked fine, then this issue recently started?

OP
OP
D

dw3266

Reaction score
Radio has worked fine up until about a week ago. i have not tried to disconnect and reconnect but will when i get home tonight.

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never seen the "phone" symbol on my 03 EB. Have you looked through all the settings to see if there is a way to toggle the feature off?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those radios are garbage anyway. Sounds like a nice opportunity to upgrade to a Navigation stereo head unit.

OP
OP
D

dw3266

Reaction score
you are correct. After trying to see if anyone has had the same issue and could not find anything. i Decided to unplug the radio. No sure how the radio went bad but that did the trick
light is off and battery does not drain.
Daughter is happy she got in tunes out of it. lol

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm actually shocked it lasted this long. Ford might want the radio back so they can study it.
Hopefully you got your daughter a navigation head unit.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that phone button is also on the steering wheel so a short in the switch or clockspring might cause it to stick on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire