Sync module location in a 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris451fmc

Reaction score
THis 2017 4x4 had a working sync module that paired with phones and transmitted on bluetooth. One day it went dead. The display will not respond when the phone button is pressed, as if the module is missing. The dealer tried to reflash the sync via USB but that did nothing and there is no charge voltage on the usb socket (1) in the glove box between the seats.

I have been opening up the dashboard searching for a sync module.
Front center console had the radio-cd-sirius in one unit.
I opened this up looking for a bluetooth chipset but did not find anything like that. There is nothing like the metal cased sync shown in some photos on later units.
The display unit 4x3" has processors but no bluetooth.
There is no module with a part number for sync between the display unit and the radio unit. Another module just in front of the dash tray was a braking controller.
Elsewhere someone said the sync module is in the passenger kick panel area. I just opened that up and found a passenger fuse block, and the manual says sync is on fuse 9 which is a good fuse.
There is a 4x4cm (transmission control module) above the kick panel, and a connector block of about 6 different connectors. There is the blower which has a recall on it for causing fires, but I think its the connector that gets hot due to bad contacts.

So where is the sync module? Scoping with an inspection camera I have not found it yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire