Tailgate window not opening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Randomly started happening. I turn the knob and boom nothing. What am I missing here? Something break? Any ideas? Thank you!

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think my 2006 is a bit different as it is just a button, but I had a 2001 Astro and a release bar came off the acuator - simple fix actually but I had to take apart the rear door, re-connect the bar to the actuator, and lube everything up good - nice white lithium grease, and/or a good silicone spray - problem with the silicone is you need to do it more often. Just my 2 cents I have not dove into fixing a rear hatch glass yet... knock on wood! Keep us posted with the fix

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take it you have an older body style (98-02) since you mention turning the knob? Specific year please :)

OP
OP
T

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DSC03370.jpg

DSC03371.jpg

DSC03372.jpg

DSC03373.jpg

DSC03374.jpg

It's a 2000 XLT. As you can see once you take the plastic off and get in there good ole ford decided it would be in there best interest and ours to use these cheap rubber pieces. The rubber has cracked, causing it to have no tension in the line. I need to think up something to create that gap again.

Any ideas?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to my parent's 250. The Super cab door wouldn't open any more. My dad ended up just cutting a slit further up in the plastic, and using that as the new neck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker